13 months ago, edited 13 months ago
PLEASE NOTE! THE TEXT BELOW IS A WORK IN PROGRESS! I PLAN TO REFINE EACH STORY BY ADDING MORE DETAILS IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS!
Epic: As a groove-box-like composer, I'd like to have pattern management somewhat similar to NI Maschine experience.
- Story #1.1: create new patterns within Step Sequencer editor.
- Story #1.2: name/rename patterns within Step Sequencer editor.
- Story #2: switch between existing patterns within Step Sequencer editor.
- Story #3: delete existing patterns within Step Sequencer editor.
- Story #4: copy, paste, and duplicate patterns within Step Sequencer.
- Story #5: organise patterns in banks.
- Story #6.1: adjust Velocity, Duration, Swing, Time +/-, Flam on a per-pattern basis.
- Story #6.2: adjust Velocity, Duration, Swing, Time +/-, Flam on a per-bank basis.
- Story #7.1: drag & drop pattern to any MIDI/Instrument track even though it's currently created as a pattern for another track.
- Story #7.2: drag & drop pattern to the browser to save as a pattern_name.ssp
- Story #7.3: drag & drop pattern to any Matrix cell even though it's currently created as a pattern for another track.
- Story #8: send a copy of the currently opened pattern to the Now time.
- Story #9: enable auto-row zoom to automatically expand the adjustment controls such as velocity or swing of the currently selected row.
- Story #10: rename pattern rows by double-click on the Row name.
- Story #11.1: insert new Synths in the Row Track properties.
- Story #11.2: drag a synth from the browser to a row, so that the row gets assigned to this new Synth automatically.
- Story #12.1: drag a sample from the browser to a row, so that the row gets assigned to a simple Sampler VSTi in which the sample is loaded.
- Story #12.2: drag an Acidized loop or REX file from the browser, so that a new pattern is created, with each row and step corresponding to a specific region of the loop, which is loaded in a Sampler VSTi from Story 12.1.
Story #1.1: create new patterns within Step Sequencer editor.
- Pattern menu of the Step Sequencer contains entry "New pattern" to create a new pattern.
- TBD - needs further thinking: When New pattern is created, all of its rows data are reset, incl.:
- Rows number.
- Note assignment.
- Track/Instrument assignment.
- Velocity, Swing and other adjustments.
- Controller assignments.
- Step data.
- TBD - needs further thinking: When New pattern is created, all pattern properties are reset, incl:
- Beats number.
- Steps number.
- "Fit to" properties.
- Mono/Poly switch.
- Not yet existing Pattern properties such as Pattern swing, velocity offset, etc.
- TBD - needs further thinking: new pattern in TRV is created on a currently selected track and at the Now time.
- There's a Keyboard shortcut for new Pattern creation in line with Sonar's shortcut rules.
- Upon creation, the pattern is assigned a new name. New name details are subject to Story 1.2, but general idea is akin to new tracks: "Pattern " + int number.